Today I decided to put the husband to task and have him answer all the questions I did last week for Christmas Tag! I was pretty surprised to see how some of the answers totally matched mine, because lets face it, we are two completely different people who are poles apart when it comes to things. Here’s hoping this post is as amusing a read to you guys as it was for me! 😉
1. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
A. Home Alone!
2. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
A. Yes. My first white Christmas was my first year in Canada back in 2003. Questions were being raised and wagers made on (most on it not being one) whether we would have a white Christmas. But we woke up to a very pleasant and generous sprinkling of white on Christmas eve, which really made waking up on Christmas memorable.
3. Where do you usually spend the holidays?
A. In the company of good friends and good food.
4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
A. ‘Tis the season‘ and ‘12 days of Christmas‘. I should confess I have never delved much into Christmas carols but since the time I’ve been hanging out with my friend’s 4 year old over the holiday season this year, these are my picks!
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
A. The wife wouldn’t allow it.
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
A. Nope. I couldn’t if I tried.
7. What holiday traditions are you most looking forward to this year?
A. The holidays are always a fun time of year with the holiday parties. Copious amounts of food, alcohol and laughs always make for a lot of fun evenings. There are also a couple of evenings where the boys hang out over beers and play poker.
The holiday tradition I’m most excited about this year is having some ‘Sorpotel’. Sorpotel is a Manglorean delicacy made with pork meat and is one of the most painstakingly difficult dishes to make (needs meat to be diced very fine, long hours of marinating, ingredients that can be hard to find etc.) but when made well, absolutely delicious. One of my friends (let’s call her Phoolan J, you know who you are) makes some fantastic Manglorean delicacies over the holiday season and I’m always excited to taste (read pig out).
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
A. We dint get a Christmas tree this year but the wife has specific ideas for a tree for next year.
9. What is your all time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?
A. Growing up, I spent a number of Christmas’ with my Aunt and she made the best raisin rum cake, which has remained a favourite to date.
10. Be honest- do you like giving gifts or receiving them, better?
A. Receiving DUH! I am terrible with gifting and often stick to unimaginative gift cards.
11. What present would you like this Christmas?
A. The winning lottery ticket!
12. What is your dream place to visit during the holiday season?
A. New York City!
13. Are you a pro- present wrapper or do you fail miserably?
A. Is there anything beyond failing miserably?
14. Do you make New Year resolutions? Do you stick to them?
A. I used to (I was a 1 week January Gym rat last year), but don’t anymore coz I failed just as miserably as the gift wrapping.
15. What makes the holidays special for you?
A. Time with friends and family, food, shopping!